Dentures are removable false teeth which can be made from acrylic, metal or nylon. They are made to fit over the gums to replace any missing teeth and prevent issues which can be caused by gaps.
If there is a gap within the teeth there is a couple of options available to patients. Not only do we provide specialist dental implant surgery and treatments here at Camden Place, Preston, we can also give our patients the option of dentures. These can be either:
- Partial dentures – to replace just one or a few missing teeth.
- Complete dentures – a full set of dentures to replace all your upper or lower teeth.
In society there is a slight stigma to having a denture, and we would always advise to have dental implants over this due to the potential problem of retention caused by shrinkage of the gums. However, they are a fantastic way of helping with the issue, but do not provide a resolution for those trying to solve the issue.
Dentures – Why Have Them?
Dentures help to prevent problems associated with gaps in the teeth such as eating and speech. They can also help improve the appearance of your teeth, acting as a cosmetic treatment as well. This can not only help improve the mouth overall but it can also give those people wearing the denture confidence in their own smiles.
Why they might not be for you…
- You are lacking bone, which would cause your denture to be loose or unstable.
- You have a strong gag reflex.
- You have decaying teeth, which are on the verge of falling out.
- You have gum disease and it is affecting all your teeth.
- You have previously worn a denture and have diminished oral sensation.
- You do not want to wear a denture.
Patients who already wear a denture(s) who need some stability to their denture can opt to have dental implants placed instead or as well as, which will provide the denture with much needed retention or replace a denture entirely.
If you have any questions regarding dental implants, full or partial dentures or anything else then please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly and professional team at Camden Place Dental Practice, Preston. You can book your FREE consultation with our dental implant specialists by calling 01772 556050.