GDC no. 248625
Senior Clinical Lecturer – Course Lead MSc & MClinDent Endodontology
Dr Shalini is a Registered Specialist with the General Dental Council (UK), having completed her training at Guy’s Hospital in 2009.
She teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students at The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan). She is a Course Lead for the part-time MSc Endodontology programme and the full time MClinDent Endodontology programme.
As the Course Lead and Senior Clinical Lecturer at UCLAN, Dr Shalini routinely undertakes complex root canal treatments, which general dentists in practice are unable to.
Dr Shalini’s training, experience and research work puts her at the forefront of Endodontic (root canal) treatments.
Dr Shalini Kanagasingam contributed to ‘The Principles of Endodontics’ edited by UCLan’s Clinical Professor Dr Shanon Patel and Dr Justin Barnes. The textbook is a guide on why and how to carry out safe and effective endodontic treatment.
Dr Shalini’s Areas of Expertise / Research
- Oral biofilm and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography in Endodontics
- Endodontic rotary instruments
Dr Shalini’s Qualifications
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) 2019
- Specialty Membership in Restorative Dentistry (MRestDent) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glasgow)
- Membership in Faculty Dental Surgery (MFDS) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glasgow)
- Statutory Examination (ORE) General Dental Council 2013
- Membership in Restorative Dentistry (MRD) Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) 2009
- Master of Clinical Dentistry (MClinDent) in Endodontology King’s College London 2009
- Membership in Faculty Dental Surgery (MFDS) Royal College of Surgeons (England) 2008
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) University Malaya 2003
External Affiliations / Memberships
- Dental Education, Training and Professional Development Board (DETPB) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow
- Chairperson, Ribble Section, British Dental Association
- British Dental Association
- British Endodontic Society
- British Dental Association Clinical Academic Reference Group